Distributor Drive Control Corporation (DCC) will now be delivering Overland Storage’sSnapServer DX, unified NAS and iSCSI SAN device that leverages their new RAID technology,DynamicRAID, to eliminate the need to provision storage capacity.
Expandable to 288TB and featuring an array of integrated enterprise features, including snapshots, replication and remote management, SnapServer DX enables storage environments to scale without downtime while ensuring data protection. Available in both a 2U and a 1U configuration, SnapServer DX lets any size business run its storage like an enterprise, at one-tenth the cost. Offering flexibility, SnapServer DX is the solution for business applications from virtualised server, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and SQL environments to digital imaging, web services, storage consolidation and backup.
"Many businesses are finding it difficult to acquire and manage the storage capacity and functionality needed to keep up with accelerating data growth over time. The speed of provisioning in virtual server environments has stressed the storage infrastructure and it's essential that storage solutions match that speed and ease to keep up with rapidly changing dynamics," says Raul Del Fabbro, Storage Division Manager at DCC. "DynamicRAID makes provisioning capacity and the management and protection of data extremely simple, plus it automates the growing of shared storage capacity while improving the predictability of future storage needs and capital expenditures. SnapServer DX enables businesses to count on improved storage utilisation with less management and a highly efficient storage environment at a fraction of the typical cost."
DynamicRAID: New Spin on Managing Disks
Built on the premise that the next generation of storage provisioning is no provisioning, DynamicRAID is a new standards-based technology that delivers the ability to increase capacity, expand storage pools, create limitless volumes in seconds, grow and shrink storage volumes independently and optimise data protection levels - all with zero downtime. DynamicRAID provides the flexibility to manage storage infrastructures without manual intervention, giving businesses the ability to grow without interruption.
Benefits of DynamicRAID:
· Non-proprietary technology that adheres to proven, standard RAID code that the enterprise trusts
· The ability to take advantage of mixed and matched drive sizes while the best RAID level is automatically chosen, including single or dual parity
· Limitless volume creation in seconds with no volume resizing or data migration required
· Storage pools seamlessly grow by hot-swapping larger disk drives without business interruption
· Volumes can automatically grow, or shrink independently to add storage back into the common storage pool in seconds
Built on the GuardianOS platform - in more than 300,000 deployments across the globe, including half of Fortune 500 organisations - SnapServer DX joins the SnapServer line of NAS solutions. It integrates with Windows Active Directory, Linux, UNIX and Macintosh Domains and replicates data between locations for collaboration and data protection with Snap Enterprise Data Replicator (SnapEDR).
· At setup users choose between traditional RAID or standards-based DynamicRAID as well as the preferred drive type: SAS, SATA Enterprise or desktop drives
· Unified storage supports storage of both file-based and block-based data
· Flexibility to expand and upsize total storage to 288TBs withSnapExpansion units
· Stability. compliant with Windows Active Directory and integration with Windows, UNIX/Linux and Macintosh environments
· Remote management delivers real-time visualisation, configuration and management of an entire global SnapServer environment with SnapServer Manager
· Disaster recovery: replicate data to one or dosens of locations with bandwidth throttling, take snapshots for point-in-time recovery, and perform backups to disk, VTL or tape
"We have designed DynamicRAID and the SnapServer DX to drive a fundamental shift in IT thinking and process: there is no longer a need to ever provision storage," says Jillian Mansolf, vice president of global sales and marketing at Overland Storage. "Our goal was to build the SnapServer DX with the best features and price of any NAS solution in its class and we are confident that businesses of all sizes will be able to take advantage its power, flexibility and ease of use."